Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thank God!!...& Breast milk too :)

This is a rather late post, cos finally i got some time off to work on the blog..
(ermm was too busy learning baking and playing farm & restaurant city :P)

On the 8th of May (Sat), my little niece, Joey, came from KL to visit us and also to celebrate Amy's 21st.
During the party, she played with Lucas and another niece of mine, Leanne (same age as Lucas).
As Lucas was too busy climbing and crawling all over the house, so he had lesser contact with her as compared to Leanne.
Just after the party ended, Joey's mummy realised that her mouth is having a few ulcer!
Since they are going back the next day afternoon, so decided to see the doctor only when they are back home.

The following Wednesday Leanne was diagnose with HFM!!!
Her mum was very puzzle as in how could Leanne be infected when she is not attending school or childcare. (She is recovering well now.. but she had infected another niece.. sigh!!)

Only when I told my mum about this, then she realised that the cause could be Joey as she was having some ulcer!!
I was so shocked and quite upset that my mum overlooked this and she didn't told me about it at all. The worst thing was, Lucas's toys were also being played by Joey and she forgot to wash them when they went back home!!
My mum quickly called Joey's Dad and they confirmed that she is having HFM!!!!!

Till now, Lucas did not show any signs and I think he should be quite safe... Thank God & Breast milk for his strong immunity... :)

No comments: