Monday, May 4, 2009

Labour Day Cooking..

Did lots of cooking over the long weekend.. end up I was so exhausted that I couldn't get out of bed on time for work on Monday morning !

But the efforts are paid off as Lucas finished almost 90% of his meals and Des finished everything that I serve him for lunch. :)

I only cooked once for adult meal. Think it's easier for us to buy packed food back from coffee-shop rather than cooking. It's very tedious as I need to look after Lucas, do housework and do cooking.. never in my life am I so busy at home than at work.

Made some stock to cook porridge for Lucas hopefully it will make his porridge more flavourful. Every weekend when he is back home with us, he simply refuse to take his porridge even though I uses the same cooking method as my mum...

Stock cooked using chicken bones, potato, carrot & corn.. taste so sweet! Yes, it's oily due to the chicken bones, so we have to filter it before using for cooking.



Uses it to cook porridge with dried scallops, Japanese sweet potato (those with purple skin), pumpkin and fish / chicken. Added the carrot & corn from the soup as well. I tasted the porridge and it's really nice.. (WY, if you are reading this, trust me, slow cooker works, it does cook tasty porridge!)



Home made pasta sauce for Lucas's spaghetti, cooked using tomatoes, diced carrot, chopped onions & minced chicken.



Baby spaghetti for Lucas, he took about 3/4 of it. (had to cut the spaghetti into smaller pieces so that he can chew and digest).



Bought some salmon and decided to pan fried them for me & Des's lunch.

Salmon marinated with salt, pepper, lemon juice and herbs, oh my.. they look so fresh!!



The final product... Yummy & juicy pan-fried salmon!!
(oops... did you see the burnt salmon skin?? It taste nice actually though unhealthy..hee)



Tada! Lunch for me and Des. Spaghetti cooked with ready made pasta sauce serve with pan fried salmon.



Also tried out making this Mash Potato for Lucas. Thinks he is sick of porridge, porridge and more porridge everyday.. So decided to give him something different.

Mash Potato with tuna flake, diced carrot, broccoli and corn kernels. Added with some cheddar cheese before baking it in the oven.



Mash potato freshly baked from oven, only slightly bake to melt the cheese.



Mash it up & it's ready to be serve!!



Recipes source : Tona-mama & Little Gastronomy

No comments: