Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pacifier Free

It's official, Little Lucas is finally free from Pacifier. He kicked the habit without too much fuss.

It all happened during the so-not-common Little Lucas & Daddy time. (I was away for an interview). And somehow the pacifier got lost along the way and we didn't know where it was.

As we have the bad habit of giving Little Lucas his pacifier and Bao Bao (nickname for his little pillow) while in the car, he keeps asking for it when we were on our way to Marina Barrage for Kite Flying. I just kept repeating myself to him, 'it's gone remember, you misplace it just now and we could not find it.'

Initially I wanted to give him the extra pacifier that I kept at home, but I thought why not use this opportunity to help him kick the habit.
So that night I didn't offer him the pacifier and I told him it's gone for good and he is not going to have it back. He managed to get to sleep after a while .. though a little longer than usual.

It's almost close to a month and he did not get to see his dearest pacifier again.
Though at times he still ask for it, but when we told him it's gone, he will be settled.

In case you are wondering if Little Lucas sleeps in a cradle and yes he does. He sleeps in that when he is at my mum's place. We don't have one at home and so he sleeps on the bed with us.
So Little Lucas was brought up as a 'versatile' boy who can sleep both on bed & in the cradle.
I have to thank hubby for this as he was the one who didn't want to buy a cradle for our home.

No comments: