Sunday, April 12, 2009

By Mummy --- My very first Bento

After looking at so many bento blogs.. I decided that I should put my hand to it today....

Thanks to
Tona-mama for the 3 little pigs inspiration
But my pigs seem to be much bigger... hmmm




I use ham & white bread for the pig head cut out from a bear rice mould / cutter. Also ham for ears and nose. The 2 holes on the nose are cut using a normal straw
Added 1 mini cupcake for Lucas and also included strawberries, grapes and flower & star cut out dragon fruit as deco to make the bento look less empty

Lucas only took half of the cupcake.. I reckon he won't like the dragon fruit cos it's tasteless!! Did not let him try strawberry as he might not be use to biting seeds on the fruits itself.
He only suck a bit on the grapes.. guess still not accustom to the taste yet.
So the rest have to be finish by Mummy..


There are lots and lots of rooms for improvement.. such as cutting of the face expression.. Still need more practice.. the eyes and mouth on the pigs aren't too nice.. :(
And my bento don't seem "full".... need to add more deco stuff or increase the quantity of food
..


Something interesting on the table... let's check it out


I am coming... keke


Hmm.. looks interesting...

Let me take a closer look.. Oh.. is Little Pigs!!!


Can I play with them?!?!


Please Mummy.. they are for me right?? :)

No comments: